Thursday, October 29, 2009

Pearl Jam - Night One (10/27)

I've been pretty fortunate to attend some tremendous concerts over the past couple of months. From Bruce to gaslight anthem to kings of leon and they've all been amazing. But it’s pretty obvious that I’ve been looking forward to seeing Pearl Jam the most out of all of them. Night one of their four show stop (i’m going to shows #1 and 3) in closing out the Wachovia Spectrum in Philadelphia did not disappoint at all. It was 50x better than last time I saw them, and I can’t WAIT for Friday. Setlist was as follows:

Set 1

· Corduroy

· Whipping

· Hail, Hail

· Supersonic

· Dissident

· Unthought Known

· Faithfull

· Parachutes

· Unemployable

· Immortality

· Green Disease

· Not For You(Modern Girl) – probably the best song of the night, very good live

· Rival – first song I never heard before. I’ve come a long way since last year when I didn’t know their first song lol.

· Nothingman – a beautiful/melancholy song. Crowd loved it.

· Ghost

· Do The Evolution – great especially when live

· Why Go - Mike played the solo behind his head




Encore 1

· Bee Girl

· Just Breathe

· The End

· All Those Yesterdays - Amazing, one of my favorite songs and they almost never play it.

· State Of Love And Trust

· Mankind – Stone sang

· The Fixer

· Go – kickass song




Encore 2

· Daughter

· Love Reign O'er Me (The Who) – Also amazing

· Black – first time I’ve seen them play it, very good

· Leash

· Rearviewmirror – my favorite song by them, so happy they played either this or Alive here

· Rockin' In The Free World (Neil Young) – great way to end

No comments:

Post a Comment