Thursday, September 23, 2010

Thoughts During the 12-4am Shift

Hello world. I was wondering if you wanted to hear a day in the life of a DA at a freshman dorm during the Wednesday turning into Thursday shift of midnight to 4am. What's that? You'd rather just go back to Twitter and tell your followers that you had the Venti Iced Coffee at Starbucks?? OK! Well I'll tell you anyway!

Here are some of the things I pondered while at the 2nd floor desk in Flannery O'C....I mean East.


Why is there a TV on but A. no one watching it and B. where neither DA can see it? And also, why was it on Jay Leno?


Why are there more people coming in the downstairs door? UPDATE: I figured this one out. It's closer to ask to get off at the library for freshmen if they went to York, than if they asked to get off at Butler. Oh Freshmen, you are learning so fast. Soon you'll learn that there was absolutely no point in taking that FE100 and that it's just about pointless to pick up a package right after you get out of class.


Why does this one kid always come back by himself and talk to me? And he talks to me about the strangest things. Like first he tells me how crazy Reefers or York Road was (I really don't need to hear this) and how the Phillies will win the World Series this year (I REALLY don't need to hear this).


I must see Arthur at least 5 times a shift.



I can hear the downstairs DA way better than they can hear me.
I know this because he asked me what I wanted to listen to, to which I responded "Um, I'm listening to music up here." Idiot freshmen DAs.


Why are there so many chairs and benches in this foyer? It's not like there's anything of interest on this floor...besides me.


Why did a Cowboys offensive lineman just follow me on Twitter? I'm dead serious. He actually did. Check it out: http://twitter.com/adamr14. also, FOLLOW ME for XXX fun!!


I'm doing this theology homework by using the Bible online instead of using the Bible that I brought. And thus, there is a Bible (still wrapped in plastic) sitting on the desk next to me as people come in inebriated. Good times.


There are so many cameras around here. I really hope the DC doesn't watch me either because I did some pretty not so subtle butt-scratches when no one was here.


I wonder if I could just throw something over the ledge and freak the sh*t out of the DA below me. Not worth it. If I really wanted to I could call him up from the stairwell and whisper "seven dayssssss" and then just casually walk back to my desk.

No comments:

Post a Comment