Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Hockey Preview 2012!

Ah, playoff hockey.  The games just become 100 times as intense for some reason.  This is possibly because the stakes are higher, or because I watch about 20 hockey games a year during the regular season.  But have no fear; there is still reason to read my predictions.  (also, check out the sick semicolon usage in the previous sentence…only top-notch sports writers such as yours truly can pull that off) 


The reason is that last year I picked the Bruins in the Stanley Cup Finals.  True, I picked them to lose to a team that got swept in the Western Conference Finals, but still, a bold pick nonetheless.  So coming off what I view as a successful prediction field last year (only got 1 series wrong in the first round last year, too), I believe I will only shine brighter this year as I have legitimately followed hockey this year, unlike in years past where I would just read the occasional recap on ESPN. So anyway, here goes:








EASTERN CONF.



Round 1.


NY Rangers vs. Ottawa Senators – 











 In 6

 


Boston Bruins vs. Washington Capitals – 











In 6




Florida Panthers vs. New Jersey Devils – 













In 5





Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Philadelphia Flyers –
















In 7






WESTERN CONF.




Vancouver Canucks vs. LA Kings
















 In 6




St. Louis Blues vs. San Jose Sharks












 In 5






Phoenix Coyotes vs. Chicago Blackhawks












In 7



 
Nashville Predators vs. Detroit Red Wings 












In 6




Next Round:

Eastern Conf.

NEW YORK RANGERS vs. NEW JERSEY DEVILS













In 7




BOSTON BRUINS vs. PHILADELPHIA FLYERS











In 6





Western Conf.


ST LOUIS BLUES vs. LA KINGS












In 5




PHOENIX COYOTES vs. DETROIT RED WINGS











In 6




Eastern Conf Finals:

BOSTON BRUINS vs. NEW JERSEY DEVILS


In 7




Western Conf. Finals

ST LOUIS BLUES vs. DETROIT RED WINGS


In 6





Finals Predictions:



ST LOUIS BLUES vs. NEW JERSEY DEVILS












IN 6 




So there you have it.  Blues over Devils in 6 is my NHL playoffs prediction.  Did I just make it so I could use Blues Clues .gif's? You decide.




No comments:

Post a Comment