Friday, February 26, 2010

95 - Sum 41



At #95 is pop/punk band Sum 41. Sum 41 recently split into a three-person band. Their debut album, "All Killer, No Filler", is one of the best albums of its genre. The group used to consist of Bizzy D, Cone, Brown Sound and Steveo-32, now Brown Sound has been replaced by Tom Thacker.

Wiki - Sum 41 is a Canadian rock band from Ajax, Ontario,[1] active since 1996. The current members are Deryck Whibley (lead vocals, rhythm guitar), Jason McCaslin (bass guitar, backing vocals), Steve Jocz (drums, backing vocals), and Tom Thacker (lead guitar, backing vocals, keyboard).

Discopgraphy

All Killer, No Filler (2001)
Does This Look Infected? (2002)
Chuck (2004)
Underclass Hero (2007)

Singles

Fat Lip
Motivation
In Too Deep
Still Waiting
The Hell Song
We're All to Blame
Pieces
Underclass Hero
Walking Disaster

I haven't cared about anything this band has done since "Does This Look Infected?" Didn't hear anything from the last two albums that would make me A. want to get them, B. feel like I'm missing out.

The Hell Song is one of my favorite songs.

All their videos are great.

Favorite Lyric

"Don't know what you really got.
It's hard to stay and not pretend.
Can't make sense in what you thought.
Seems I can't comprehend.
I'm happy to be, only all that you see.
And I'm not one to learn to be the same.

I don't wanna hear you bitch no more.
I was better off a year before.
No matter how I try I can't ignore.
Every time I think my brain gets sore
When I'm with you.

What's so hard about goodbyes?
I'm sorry I'm just not as keen
On planning out our perfect lives
When I'm only 19.
I'm happy to be only all that you see.
And I'm not one to learn to be the same.

I don't wanna try and just be friends
Nothing's gonna change my mind again
If ever there were thoughts I had they're dead.
I can't even think inside my head,
When I'm with you." - Crazy Amanda Bunkface


now listen to the melodic sounds of:
IN TOO DEEP


next up: a band with more members than letters

No comments:

Post a Comment