Sunday, February 21, 2010

100 - Spoon

Favorite Bands

I’ve counted down the top 20 music videos. Now, it is time for something bigger and better. I will now count down the, not 20, 40, 60… but 100 of my favorite musical artists. That is, a blog a day specifically devoted to each band on my top 100 artist list, which took about a week for me to come up with on and off.

NOTE: this is not a matter of talent; merely a list of my personal favorite artists. There are plenty of times where a lower number band is more talented than the band after them.

With that said…

# 100 - SPOON

wiki - Spoon is an American indie rock band from Austin, Texas. The band is composed of Britt Daniel (vocals, guitar); Jim Eno (drums); Rob Pope (bass) and Eric Harvey (keyboard, guitar, percussion, backing vocals).

discography -

"Telephono" (1996), "A Series of Snakes" (1998), "Girls Can Tell" (2001), "Kill The Moonlight" (2002), "Gimme Fiction" (2005), "Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga" (2007)*, "Transference" (2010)

songs you should check out -

"The Way We Get By"
"I Summon You"
"I Turn My Camera On"
"Don't You Evah"
"The Underdog" (below)
"Got Nuffin"

favorite lyrics:

I Summon You -
"Remember the weight of the world
It's a sound that we used to buy
And all that you can
All that you can give is a cold goodbye
The law enforcement's impressed you've survived to this age"

And for your listening pleasure...





next up: a band from Atlanta that brings the thunder.. and water, forest, and now sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment