Tuesday, August 24, 2010

3 - Incubus


If this is right, I'd rather be wrong.
If this is sight, I'd rather be blind.


At numero tres is alternative rock band, Incubus. Incubus was my favorite band all through grade school and through some of high school, and was my first real concert that I attended.

Wiki - Incubus is an American rock band, from Calabasas, California. The band was formed in 1991 by vocalist Brandon Boyd, lead guitarist Mike Einziger, and drummer Jose Pasillas while enrolled in high school. The band expanded to include bassist Alex "Dirk Lance" Katunich, and Gavin "DJ Lyfe" Koppell, both of whom were eventually replaced by bassist Ben Kenney, and DJ Kilmore respectively.

Incubus has received both critical acclaim and commercial success, reaching multi-platinum sales, as well as releasing several highly successful singles. The band started branching out creatively and earned mainstream recognition with the release of their 1999 album Make Yourself. In 2001, Incubus became hugely successful with the single "Drive" and their follow up album Morning View. Their latest studio album, Light Grenades, debuted at #1 in 2006 and has received Gold certification in the U.S. Incubus released their first greatest hits album Monuments and Melodies in June 2009, accompanied by a tour of the United States and Canada.

Discography -

Fungus Amongus (1995)
S.C.I.E.N.C.E. (1997)
Make Yourself (1999)
Morning View (2001)*
A Crow Left of the Murder... (2004)
Light Grenades (2006)
*-best album/top ten fave album

Top 20 Incubus Songs

20 - Pardon Me
19 - Talk Shows On Mute
18 - Stellar
17 - Dig
16 - Circles
15 - Warning
14 - Aqueous Transmission
13 - Nice to Know You
12 - Are You In?
11 - Hilikus
10 - 11AM
9 - Psychopsilocybin
8 - Idiot Box
7 - Summer Romance (Anti-Gravity Love Song)
6 - Sink Beneath The Line
5 - Wish You Were Here
4 - Under My Umbrella
3 - Sick Sad Little World
2 - Deep Inside
1 - Nowhere Fast


I've seen Incubus 3 times, and that number needs to go up. I'm hoping they tour again in 2011 because I missed them last time they came around. There may be better musicians on this countdown, but there aren't better people.







Old Incubus is way different than newer Incubus, but both kick ass, so both are getting their due in my blog



next up: my top ten albums

No comments:

Post a Comment