Friday, November 4, 2011

NFL Handicapper Week 9

Falcons at Colts (+7.5)
For some reason I get a “Saints vs. Rams” vibe about this game.  Also, I’m still holding onto Peyton Manning in my family fantasy league just in case he plays, and if he does, I’d have the duo of Brady and Manning in the fantasy playoffs, the two best quarterbacks of the past decade, on the same team. And I'll still lose.
Pick: Colts

Jets at Bills (-1.5)
This is a pretty big game in the AFC East, but I think it’s actually more important for the Bills than the Jets.  The Jets have the talent and experience to come back from being 4-4, but I think if the Bills fall to third place, it could be a little shaky for them to sneak back into the race.
Pick: Jets (and to win)

Browns at Texans (-10.5)
Peyton Hillis has suffered the Madden curse.  He’s still on the Browns.
Pick: Texans

Seahawks at Cowboys (-12.5)
I can’t bring myself to pick a team that looked so bad last week to win by 13 points, even if the other team is quarterbacked by Tavaris Jackson.
Pick: Seahawks

Dolphins at Chiefs (-6.5)
See Colts, take a lesson from the Dolphins.  They are getting better, while still keeping their dream of SUCK FOR LUCK alive.  They pretty much won two games in a row before giving them away to the Broncos and Giants… and the Chiefs are definitely able to accept games handed to them, right Philip Rivers?
Pick: Chiefs

Buccaneers at Saints (-7.5)
By losing to the winless Rams, the Saints have opened the door for the Falcons and Bucs to climb back into the division race.  And if I were the Falcons, I would let the Bucs go through the door first.  Just cause…well…this.
Pick: Saints

49ers at Redskins (+3.5)
3.5? Did the Redskins re-sign…
oh. I had a joke here where I would say oh did the Redskins re-sign (former star quarterback who no longer plays for them) and I didn’t know? But I can’t remember the Redskins ever having a star quarterback. Sooo… Wait I got it. 
3.5? Did the Redskins re-sign Brad Johnson and nobody told me?
Pick: 49ers

Bengals at Titans (-2.5)
I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop on the Bengals, and I think it could be this week.  Of course, it’s probably because I still have memories of Albert Haynesworth being on the Titans.
Pick: Titans

Broncos at Raiders (-7.5)
Is there any team more in a catch-22 than Denver? No. There isn’t.  Moving on…
Pick: Raiders

Packers at Chargers (+5.5)
The Packers’ offense reminds me of the great Rams teams of the early 2000’s.  The Packers’ defense reminds me why those Rams only won one Super Bowl.
Pick: Chargers

Rams at Cardinals (-4.5)
Both Sam Bradford and Kevin Kolb should be extra motivated in this game to play for the right to be Andrew Luck’s backup next year.
Pick: Rams (and to win)

Giants at Patriots (-8.5)
The rematch of the only Super Bowl where everybody was rooting for the New York team to win.
Pick: Giants

Ravens at Steelers (-3.5)
The Ravens won big early in the season.  It would be a huge statement if they can win this tilt on the road after playing two subpar games.  If not, these two are destined to meet in the playoffs, just like every year.
Pick: Ravens

Bears at Eagles (-6.5)
Don’t look now, but the Eagles are starting to get their swagger back.  Only to have it taken away painfully in January because they are still from Philly.
Pick: Eagles


Last Week:

Spread: 6-7
Straight Up: 8-5

Season:

Spread: 62-54
Straight Up: 78-37

No comments:

Post a Comment