Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Car, Work, and Baseball

Sorry I haven’t written in a while… I’ve been down recently with what would result if the swine flu, SARS, mono, and mad cow disease all had a child-illness. Needless to say, I haven’t been feeling so great recently.
Here’s what’s new:

1. Yes, it is true. I, Adam Romo, have purchased a new car. It’s a 2009 Honda CR-V, and quite frankly, it is awesome. I’ve never wanted to just go out and drive as much in my life (when I haven’t been coughing, sneezing, wheezing, all with a 101.0 fever) and it’s caused me to go out and do things. Things like grocery shop, drive people places and pick up people, pick up my license plates… things I don’t normally do, well, ever.

2. I’ve started work again. Don’t get me wrong, I love making money, but I get the sense that this is gonna be a long year. With the news of fellow cook Jose getting got by the border patrol, it’s looking like Adam will be stuck in the kitchen all year..

3. As you also may have heard, I was fortunate to head up to the new Yankee Stadium and watch the Phillies and Hamels play the Yankees and Sabbathia. I must say, it was one of the greatest experiences I’ve had watching a baseball game live. First, the two teams went back and forth, each not giving up when it looked like they were fated to lose, and clearly it was a great game. Second, when your team is playing on the road, all of the fans on your side bond together a lot more than when it’s a home game. Everyone high fives when Werth throws out Damon at the plate (for the second day in a row) or when Carlos Ruiz comes up big in the eleventh inning. The Yankee fan next to me was equally as passionate as I was and we became friends throughout the game, each complaining about our own bullpen, and each asking questions about the others team when they would arise. He was also classy wishing my team luck as his group left and I did the same. Third, I was a lot closer in these seats than when I went up to the old stadium last year. I think the new one is designed a bit better (though something has to be up with all the home runs… it makes Citizens Bank look like PetCo.) but it is still very hard to find your way around and I still prefer the Bank to it. Fourth, oh, um, yeah… Phils 4, Yankees 3. SCOREBOARD.

No comments:

Post a Comment