Thursday, March 25, 2010

68 - Death Cab for Cutie



I'll sit and wonder of every love that could have been if I'd only thought of something charming to say

Todayat number 68 is everyone's favorite indie band, Death Cab for Cutie. They sound like Owl City, only, with talent.

Wiki - Death Cab for Cutie is an American indie rock band, formed in Bellingham, Washington in 1997. The band consists of Benjamin Gibbard (vocals, guitar), Chris Walla (guitar, production), Nick Harmer (bass) and Jason McGerr (drums). Gibbard took the band name from the title of the song written by Neil Innes and Vivian Stanshall and performed by their group, the Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band, in The Beatles' 1967 film, Magical Mystery Tour.

Gibbard's first album, You Can Play These Songs with Chords, was released as a demo, leading to a record deal with Barsuk Records. It was at this time that Gibbard decided to expand the project into a complete band, and recruited band members to join. The band has released six studio albums, five EPs, and one demo to date. Their most recent album, Narrow Stairs, was released in May 2008.

Discography -

You Can Play These Songs With Chords (1997)
Something About Airplanes (1998)
We Have the Facts and We're Voting Yes (2000)
The Photo Album (2001)*
Transatlanticism (2003)*
Plans (2005)
Narrow Stairs (2008)*

*= best albums

Favorite Songs -

A Movie Script Ending
We Laugh Indoors
The New Year
Title and Registration
The Sound of Settling
Transatlanticism
Sould Meets Body
Crooked Teeth
I Will Follow You Into The Dark
I Will Possess Your Heart
Cath...
Grapevine Fires

Death Cab's "Meet Me on the Equinox" was the lead single for the New Moon soundtrack, the second in the Twilight Series. I didn't watch the movie, but I know enough to know that it was the best part of it. Of course I'd say that even if I'd never heard the song either. But I digress.

DCfC's best songs are when they try and pick up the tempo, I think. I Will Follow and Transatlanticism are really good, but Cath..., Sound of Settling, and Title and Registration are just way better.


Now. DEATH CAB.


next up: management abbreviated

No comments:

Post a Comment