Sunday, March 7, 2010

86 - The Bravery



At number 86 is another NYC-based band, The Bravery. I have seen the Bravery perform live when they opened for Incubus on their 2007 summer tour.

Wiki - The Bravery is an American rock band from New York City that consists of Sam Endicott (lead vocals, rhythm guitar), Michael Zakarin (lead guitar [also known as Moose], backing vocals), John Conway (keyboards, backing vocals), Mike Hindert (bass, backing vocals), and Anthony Burulcich (drums, backing vocals). Their music is a synthesis of both post-punk revival and New Wave.

Discography -

The Bravery (2005)
The Sun and the Moon (2007)
Stir the Blood (2009)

I own the first two albums, liking the first a little more than the second. I've heard that the last album is pretty good, which is exciting because when they are at their best, the band sounds really good.

Popular Songs -

An Honest Mistake
Fearless
Unconditional
Believe
Time Won't Let Me Go
Slow Poison
Hatef*ck

Favorite Lyric -

"I spent my whole life surrounded,
And I spent my whole life alone." - Unconditional

Now watch/listen/smell:
SLOW POISON


Next up: a band that released their first album in 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment