Thursday, August 6, 2009

Rapid Fire: Things On My Mind 8/6

I feel like all of you feel that you should be feelin what I’m feelin on some of the most recent topics. Due to the economy, I can only write one or two lines about how I feel about each issue. Thus, here’s a rapid fire edition of Things on My Mind:


1. The Cliff Lee trade: It’s definitely the smartest move the Phils could have made. No need to give up Happ and Drabek for a horse.

2. Not getting Halladay: He’s great and all, but I still don’t think it’s smart to give up Drabek

3. Funny People: Adam Sandler’s best film in a long time, and shows that Apatow doesn’t just grind the same formula into every movie

4. Serving mornings: It’s nice not to be in the kitchen, but honestly, making like, what 25 bucks on average? I’d rather just sleep in…

5. Pearl Jam – The Fixer: Very cool track, and pretty catchy. Lyrics written by their drummer so they’re not too impressive but they are still cool.

6. The amount of Yankee shirts that Klein has: Well, the amount of Phillies shirts I own is steadily increasing… I think at a higher rate too. I got three in the span of a week during the All-Star game so if I keep that average up, I’ll have one for every Phillie that ever played by 2011.

7. Panic at the Disco losing 2 members: Hahahahhaha like I actually am going to waste your time…

8. Me saying that I won’t waste your time, even though I have possibly the worst blog since Rob Manning’s “You Know What Really Grinds My Gears”: Umm, ok… you win.

9. The ‘stache: Yes, I still have it. No, you can’t touch it… unless you ask nicely. No, if you’re one of the people who read this blog, no mustache ride for you…

3 comments:

  1. im glad you thought funny people was good- ive been hearing mixed reviews but i want to see it anyways. that and julie and julia, 500 days of summer, the orphan, and whatever works. day at the theater is in order i guess. how come whenever i am on the boardwalk you are not working? i think you are avoiding me. robert manning has a blog? whattttt. im shaving your 'stache upon arrival at loyola.

    ReplyDelete
  2. when are you ever on the boardwalk?
    and no you're not

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am on the boardwalk to either (a) go to bashful banana (b) get bulk candy from steels fudge haha or (c) see a movie or (d) run. ive texted you when i was on the boards before and you were no present. but i guess i am over exaggerating this haha

    ReplyDelete