Monday, May 18, 2009

Things On My Mind 5/18

Things I’ve noticed with all the time I have to myself so far this summer…

1. There’s only one good NBA playoff series every round, the rest can cure insomnia for neutral fans.

2. Artists can basically charge whatever they want for a ticket to a concert, and then Ticketmaster or Livenation will just add fees for ridiculous things like “service charge”, “ticket fee”, “order charge”, and “venue fee”.

3. For some reason I have several red hairs under my chin mixed in with the normal color. WTF?

4. The Phillies’ starting pitching is averaging a 6.50 ERA. Goes along great with our closer’s 8.31 ERA.

5. I’m perfectly content with eating cereal for all three meals.

6. Car salesmen have got to be the most sociably adaptive people in the world. I could have told the one guy that I was a terrorist from Al-Queda and he would have been like, “oh, I have the perfect car for you…”

7. It amazes me that people still get upset from LOST episodes. It’s what, the 5th season? Did you honestly expect all of your questions to be answered in this episode? And, what, were people not expecting a cliff-hanger in this season’s finale?? I don’t know, there hasn’t been one in the past 4 finales, so why would there be one this time…? Oh wait…

8. That being said, amazing LOST finale.

9. Why are they bringing Scrubs back? It ended perfectly. I hope they call it something else, like “Sacred Heart Interns” or “Cox and Chocolate Bear Run Shit”.

10. Ok, I miss Loyola, its official.

11. The Sportscenter commercial with Albert Pujols is hilarious.

12. I’m so glad Kornheiser is off Monday Night Football. Love him, but he needed to go.

13. I haven’t gone back to work yet, but already … ugh.

14. Guitar Hero Metallica is the best Guitar Hero yet. Hands down. Not even close.

15. Even if the forecast is overcast, I need to wear sunscreen for day baseball games due to my overly perceptible whiteness, because I will burn even when the sun shines through for only 11% of the game.

16. There’s no way I should be in 7th place in this fantasy baseball league. I have the most runs, second most home runs, second most rbis, tied for third most stolen bases, tied for second most wins, least losses, least home runs, second most k’s, and second best era and whip. And all other categories I’m no less than 6th best. WTF?

17. Apparently laptop chargers cost $95.50 plus tax…

18. NBA Live 2003 may give FIFA 2006 a run for its money as most frustrating video game.

19. Never take Wawa for granted.

20. When did Paula (The Duel 2, MTV Wed 10pm) become such a bitch? She was cool her first 2 or 3 Challenges, and then on this one she just became the prototypical bitch.

3 comments:

  1. 2) you forgot delivery fees for electronic or will call tickets
    10) i dont miss loyola after recieving room fees today, how'd you make out
    16) Scoreboard
    18) dont say anything you cant take back
    21) i have you linked on my blog cause you, as i expected, were actually going to continue yours like me

    ReplyDelete
  2. 25 bucks for the bathroom floor being a mess

    ReplyDelete
  3. eh, i got 35 for kitchen and 15 for the bedroom

    ReplyDelete